The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure encourages your feedback and questions regarding the DriveBC HighwayCams. However, before contacting us please check to see if your question has already been answered in our "Frequently Asked Questions" page, or in the Notes section below. Here are categories of questions:
- About the HighwayCams - General Information
- About the ATIS Border Cam Images
- My HighwayCams FAQs
- HighwayCam "Transmission Delayed" and Outages
- HighwayCam Maintenance
- Image Update Frequency/Timestamp
- HighwayCam Placement
- Weather Information
- March 17, 2014: The Mainroad highwaycam, previously named "Cowichan" located on Hwy 18 near Hill 60, has been renamed South Cowichan Lake, and relocated at the junction of South Shore Rd at the Pacific Marine Rd.
The B.C. Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure will be upgrading and redeploying a new BC HighwayCam at its previous location on Hwy 18. For more information why the webcam was moved, go to: http://tranbc.ca/2013/12/06/5-reasons-why-we-moved-that-drivebc-highwaycam/.
- February 26, 2014: Ministry staff are working on plans to replace of the BC HighwayCam on Hwy 18, near Cowichan Lake.
- February 26, 2014: BC Hydro has restored power for the area north of Goldstream Park to Shawnigan Lake on Hwy 1 on southern Vancouver Island.
- February 25, 2014: The Duffey Lake Rd HighwayCam on Hwy 99, north of Pemberton is now back in operation.
- February 20, 2014: A number of BC HighwayCams are experiencing a temporary network outage. Technicians have been alerted are working on the issue. RESOLVED
- February 19, 2014: The Duffey Lake Rd HighwayCam on Hwy 99, north of Pemberton, is currently unavailable due to issues with our Mt .Curry radio repeater station. Our technicians have been alerted. Poor weather conditions are impeding aaccess to the station via helicopter. Service will resume when weather conditions permit. RESOLVED
- February 19, 2014: The Bombi Summit BC HighwayCam is currently unavailable due to ongoing technical issues. The extended outage of this BC HighwayCam will likely last until Spring 2014.
- February 19, 2014: The BC HighwayCam at Stewart on Hwy 37A is currently unavailable due to a move to address concerns on privacy. There is a delay because of electrical connectivity issues. The extended outage of the Stewart BC HighwayCam will likely last until Spring 2014.
- February 19, 2014: The BC HighwayCam at Meziadin Junction on Hwy 37 is currently unavailable because of a motoro vehicle incident. There is a delay because of electrical connectivity issues. The extended outage of the Stewart BC HighwayCam will likely last until Spring 2014.